If these aren't banned, the World Cup will be a disaster

Many people, including my good friend Brian Lofrumento over at Premiership Talk have had their say about the Vuvuzela. In case you don't know what a vuvuzela is, just watch a Confederations Cup match and you'll soon find out.

It's those annoying stadium horn thingy's that are driving me insane. I have only watched a few matches from the Confederations Cup in South Africa, however I have found it really hard to watch with any sort of volume on my television. The noise that comes from the vuvuzela is so annoying that I stopped watching this evening's semi-final between the hosts, South Africa and Brazil half-way through proceedings.

There has been calls from FIFA to ban vuvuzela's for next year's World Cup, however the South African Football Association (SAFA) have insisted that they are essential for an authentic South African football experience. They may be essential for an authentic South African football experience, but my god are they irritating.

It's so hard to enjoy a game of football when all you can hear is this constant noise. I for one, am hoping that something is done to prevent these vuvuzela from being used during next summer's World Cup because it would really ruin it as a spectacle. So, what do you think? Should the vuvuzela be banned or should we just fill our ears with cotton wool? Comments below please.

 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    I agree that they are terribly annoying, but would be hesitant to strip host nation of local custom to accommodate the international viewers.

    on 10:10 p.m.  


  2. AtotheF said,

    You may find vuvuzelas annoying at first but you do get used to them.

    Besides being integral for the tournament to be a genuine African world cup, they also transform the stadiums into cauldrons of noise and excitement and result in an electrifying atmosphere.

    Try blowing one, they're lots of fun.

    on 2:11 p.m.  


  3. LEO™ said,

    DAT FUKIN THING SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFETIME.AND BLOWING PEOPLE SHOULD NEVA BE ALLOWED TO ENTER stADIUM MY GOD
    I CANT BELIVE WATCHING 1 month WORLD CUP,A gr8 month in 4 years,a month for whichim waitin 4 years is gonna SPOIL HEARIN THIS INSANE
    IF I GET THE GUY WHO DICOVERED THIS I WUD KILL HIM

    on 7:47 p.m.  


  4. LEO™ said,

    Mr Alexander U R INsANE

    on 7:47 p.m.