All Things Football

Another very exciting week in the world of football. The thought of Europe's elite club competition returning had me beside myself with the excitement, but to be honest I found it rather boring.

On Tuesday the game I chose to watch was the eagerly anticipated Inter Milan V Manchester United tie which turned out to be a bit of a bore to be honest. Ok, I know it was a very tactical game and I know neither team wanted to be finished going into the second leg but I still feel it didn't live up to expectations. Surely the second leg at Old Trafford can only get better? I'm with Mourinho on this one and I think we could be looking at another 0-0 draw, with extra time being needed to separate the teams.

Out of Wednesday's games I chose to watch the in-form Real Madrid take on Liverpool in the Bernabeu. A lot of doubts surrounded Rafa's future at the club going into this game but it didn't seem to affect the players' as Liverpool ran out deserved 1-0 winners.

After hearing the news that Everton Midfielder Mikel Arteta will be out for 6 months with a knee injury, the always-reliable Star newspaper has reported that "Everton manager David Moyes is ready to offer Niko Kranjcar an escape from Portsmouth by making a £6 million bid for the Croatian playmaker!" Now what the problem with this I hear you cry? The article goes onto say "Moyes sees the former Hadjuk Split star as a replacement for Mikel Arteta, who faces six months out with a knee injury." Well the problem is the earliest Kranjcar could sign for Everton is July so he could play for them no earlier then August which is 6 months away. Arteta is out for 6 months. Something surely doesn't add up. Always trust the tabloids!

On Wednesday I also discovered an excellent story. This gem of a jersey will be worn by Dublin clubs Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers to raise money for breast cancer Ireland. I think this is a great initiative and all for a brilliant cause. I Love the jersey and I reckon these will sell-out very fast.

In the spirit of the raising €10,000 for Action Breast Cancer Ireland my team Bohemians and arch rivals Shamrock Rovers will wear the kits against each other in the 4 league meetings this season. In each case the away team will wear the kit modelled here by Brain Shelley and Padraig Amond. Shamrock Rovers will be the first to wear the kit in their visit to Dalymount Park in round 3 of the League of Ireland programme 2009.

 

0 comments: