Spurs striker desperate for international team-mate to join him at White Hart Lane

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko is desperate for his international team-mate Andrei Arshavin to join him at White Hart Lane. Both played vital roles in Russia's terrific run to the semi-final of the European Championships last summer and Pavlyuchenko is now calling on Arshavin to join him at Spurs.

Arshavin, 27, has been repeatedly linked with a move to North London after it was revealed that Spurs had several bids for the player rejected in the summer. The Zenit St Petersburg playmaker has apparently told the Russian giants he wants to leave the club once the January transfer window opens and Pavlyuchenko has told him to move to Spurs.

Asked whether he'd like Arshavin to sign for Tottenham in January he replied : "Yes, of course I would like that. I haven’t spoken to Arshavin myself, although I know there have been discussions about him moving to another club. All I know is that Arshavin wants to join another good European team."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to add to his attacking options once January comes around and Arshavin is believed to be high on his wish-list. Personally, I would love to see Arshavin come to the Premier League. It is obvious that he wants to come but will Spurs manage to cough up the £20 million that Zenit are demanding. I certainly hope so

 

0 comments: