United set to sign Rangers defender

Rangers defender Ugo Ehiogu is in talks with Cahmpionship side Sheffield United after it was confirmed he had been released by the Scottish giants.

Ehiogu has spent just over a year at Rangers and United boss Bryan Robson is keen to bring him to Bramill Lane after working with him at Middlesbrough several years ago.

"At my stage I need to be playing football, but I will always have good memories, none more so than my goal at Parkhead last season," Ehiogu told the club's official website.

"I've really enjoyed my time at Rangers. They are a massive club and I hope they go on to win the championship this season." The 30-year old has 4 England caps to his name and well over three hundred Premier League appearances.

Bryan Robson told the club's official website: "I've worked with him before and he is interested in joining the club. "He has got vast experience and he's terrific in the air."

 

0 comments: