Reds deal for £12 million Brazilian goal machine almost done !

Middlesbrough are close to signing Brazilian striker, Afonso Alves according to reports on Sky Sports this evening.


The Heerenveen striker has an amazing goal scoring record in Eredivise with an astonishing 45 goals in 39 league games for the Dutch side. The Brazilian international even managed to net seven times in one game, earlier this season.

The deal for the 26 year old must be in the closing stages with it being only a matter of time before he goes to the Riverside. The information site Wikipedia even has his current club named as Middlesbrough. It is thought to be a deal worth about £12 million.

I think that in Afonso Alves Middlesbrough will obviously get a striker that has an eye for goal as you can tell from the above stats and that is exactly what Gareth Southgate's side need at the moment, a goal scorer.... After all David Wheater from centre half is the club's second top scorer this season.

 

1 comments:

  1. joker said,

    I'm a fan of EPL too. hehe!

    I like your blog. I think it is cool... the contents are interesting in my opinion. I'll come back for more, keep it up!

    Do drop by my blog and have a look.

    http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

    on 11:44 a.m.