Yakubu promises more goals

Middlesbrough striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has today vowed to keep the goals coming for Middlesbrough after he opened his account for the teesiders on Saturday against Arsenal. The 22-year-old Nigerian was on target in Boro's impressive 2-1 win over Arsenal, scoring for the first time since a big money £7.5 million switch from Portsmouth. Yakubu admits that a failure to find the target in previous matches was playing on his mind but having netted his first goal at The Riverside, he is now ready to show his true worth.



The powerful hit-man is already looking to the next game, as Middlesbrough look to continue what has been a solid start to the new campaign. "When you don't score for three or four games, you feel a bit down," Yakubu told the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette. "But I'm pleased to get my first goal for Boro and we kept fighting to the end. "I'm looking forward to the next game - when you score you have confidence and I'm looking forward to getting some more."

Yakubu is a great striker and I wouldn't bet against him being Boro's top goalscorer this season. Yakubu scored many many goals for his old club Portsmouth and I think he will do the same with Boro. He's only 22 years old and I think he will go on to achieve great things in his carrer.

 

0 comments: