Forlan ready to haunt United

Diego Forlan will return to Old Tarfford on Wednesday when his side Villareal take on Man United in the Champions League group stages. Forlan managed just ten goals for United from his 63 appearances, and Sir Alex Ferguson was keen to offload him to the Spanish outfit. However Forlan has proved he is no flop with Villareal by firing in 25 goals last term - helping himself to a share of the European Golden Boot with Thierry Henry.


Forlan will now return to Old Trafford on Wednesday and is desperate to prove United were wrong to let him go. "I really felt the pressure there as everyone seemed to want me to score two goals per game," said Forlan. "It's a dream come true to be playing against them now. I can't wait to show what I can do. "I was happy at United but eventually it became too frustrating that I wasn't playing."

Forlan says he has no problems with anyone at Old Trafford - but would like nothing better than to score against his old team-mates. "I am looking forward to facing United. I've had a successful season with Villarreal and things could not have gone better for me. "It is going to be strange for me to face United after two-and-a-half years there but at the same time the games at Old Trafford and here in Villarreal are going to be really emotional.

"Alex Ferguson was very supportive but I think when I didn't score straight away he started to feel the pressure from the fans. "I appreciate Ferguson and at no time did I ever have any kind of personal problem with him."

To be honest Forland was terrible at United but for Villareal he just can't stop scoring. I have a fuuny feeling he might just score the winner on Wednesday and Sir Alex will be wondering why he sold him. Villareal knocked Everton out in the Champions League third qualifying round and Forlan scored in one of the legs.

 

0 comments: