United star desperate to join Arsenal

Newcastle United defender Charles N'Zogbia is desperate to join Premier League giants Arsenal as soon as possible. The French under-21 international in strongly fancied to leave St James' Park this month and Arsenal are among the clubs said to be interested in him, however the likes of Lyon and Aston Villa are also interested.

The 22-year old has been a Newcastle player since 2004, however he is now ready to leave the club after an indifferent last 18 months. When asked about his future at Newcastle he replied : "I ask myself questions about my future. At Newcastle for three years we are playing in the bottom of the league. I want to win titles, and I have set myself high objectives, like being in the French team."

"I told Newcastle in case of possible transfer, I will do anything to leave this winter. If the club receives a nice offer, they will try to transfer me ... Arsenal is the club that makes me dream the most in the Premier League." It is clear by these comments that it is unlikely N'Zogbia will remain a Magpies player beyond this month. Even though Newcastle interim-manager Joe Kinnear claimed yesterday he didn't want to let anyone go, I feel N'Zogbia will eventually get his way and exit the club in the coming weeks.

 

0 comments: