Man City midfielder edges nearer the exit door

Manchester City midfielder Elano has today moved even closer to the exit door at Eastlands after he admitted he would be interested in a move to Serie A giants Lazio. The Brazilian international has fallen out of favour at City with manager Mark Hughes and a January exit now looks a real possibility.

Elano, 27, had a terrific first season at the Premier League side, however since Hughes arrived at the club last June, he has only made a handful of appearances for the Citizens this campaign. When asked about the possibilty of joining Lazio, Elano had this to say : "I would not have any problem playing in Italy. And Lazio are a very good team,"

"I cannot say more, I have to speak to Manchester City. I will do it soon, then decide what to do ... I have heard it said that Lazio would be interested. I am pleased that such a big club is tracking me."

As a City fan myself, I'm not too upset to see Elano make these comments. It is clear that there is something wrong behind the scenes with regard to the relationship between Hughes and Elano. Personally, I would be very surprised to still see Elano in a City shirt when the transfer window closes in early February.

 

0 comments: