£12 million Spaniard rules out possible move to either Arsenal or Manchester City

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta has today ruled out any possible move to either Arsenal or Manchester City this month. The Spanish international has been heavily linked with a move away from Goodison Park in recent weeks, however today he has moved to deny the rumours.

When asked about the possibility of leaving the Toffees, the 26-year old had this to say : 'It would never be easy for me to leave Everton. It's not something I'm thinking about, because I've got three years left on my contract and I've been treated well here."

Both Arsene Wenger and Mark Hughes were understood to be preparing £12 million bids for the player, however these comments will no doubt cool any interest in the player. If I was a Everton fan, I would be delighted to hear Arteta make this statement. The former Real Sociedad man has no doubt been one of the club's top performers over the past few years and I feel it is vital for David Moyes to keep him if the club wish to break into the top 4 this season.

Arsenal or City won't be getting Arteta in their team this season but you can. He costs just £5.5 million in this season's "You the Manager" and in my opinion is well worth a look. Follow the link below to enter your team to be in with a chance of winning some cracking prizes.

 

0 comments: