Rooney in hot water with UEFA

UEFA are to investigate an incident involving Manchester United's Wayne Rooney following the English giants 2-2 draw with Danish side Aalborg last night. Aalborg midfielder Kasper Risgaard has today claimed Rooney stamped on him during the game at Old Trafford and has claimed that Rooney should of been sent off.

Risgaard had this to say about the matter : "He was jumping at my chest. I do not know why ... Maybe he was a little bit frustrated but Manchester United were playing some good football. It was still 1-1."

"I do not think the referee saw it. Anywhere else but this place it would have been a red card. I'm disappointed with the challenge, that's what happens in football. I have some big marks. He apologised."

Personally I only saw replays of the incident and in my opinion is looked a little bit accidental. There is no doubting that Rooney is one of the best players in the world at the moment, however he often gets himself involved in things he ought not to. So do you think Rooney's stamp was intentional or not? Place your votes below.

 

0 comments: