Arsenal back in title race after beating Chelsea .... I think not

Many people have claimed that Arsenal are back in the race to win the Premier League following their 2-1 win against Chelsea today, however I don't believe that's the case. The Gunners now lie just eight points behind leaders Chelsea and Liverpool, a margin that can increase to eleven points if Liverpool can manage to beat West Ham tomorrow.

William Gallas' recent comments about his team-mates (which lost him his captaincy) were spot on. Arsenal are not brave enough to win a title. They are too inexperienced and although I back Wenger's decision to give Cesc Fabregas the armband, I don't think that will be enough to win them the title.

Arsene Wenger's men have already been beaten five times this season and personally I think that's one defeat too many. I understand that we are not even half-way through the season, however I feel Arsenal have lost too many games to go on and seriously challenge for the title.

Stoke City, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Hull City and Fulham have all beaten Arsenal this season and let's be honest if you want to win a title you can't be losing to these kind of teams. Arsenal's main rivals for the title (Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea) have only lost five games between them and I feel Wenger will end up ruing their early season form.

 

0 comments: