Pearce rules out West Ham job


Stuart Pearce today ruled himself out of the vacant manager’s position at West Ham. The England Under-21 boss was one of the favourites to succeed Alan Curbishley at Upton Park, but the former Hammers defender revealed he will honour his contract with the FA and stay with the Under-21s. (the sun)

Pearce, 46, said: “I’m a man of my word and the way the game flits in and flits out at the moment disappoints me greatly. “I gave my word to the FA when I took the job that I would certainly honour my contract. “If we go out of the Under-21 qualifying campaign that might change but other than that happening, I will honour my contract no matter what’s dangled under my nose financially. “This group of players need to know that I’m their manager from start to finish and that’s the sort of loyalty players need to see nowadays.”

Croatia manager Slaven Bilic remains favourite to replace Curbishley in the Upton Park hot seat, but the former West Ham hero remains coy on talk of him taking over the reigns at his old club. Bilic said: "I am always being asked about the West Ham job but there is nothing I can say. "I have a contract with Croatia until the World Cup ends in 2010."

Personally I feel Stuart Pearce was a fantastic Manager for Man City and hes been great for the under 21s. He would be perfect for west ham but its a job with anyone in the right frame of mind wouldnt take. The pressure from the board and fans is very high. The team the new manager will inherit is also average at best.

 

0 comments: