Argentine ace : "I rejected a move to Spurs"

Argentina international Diego Milito has today admitted he turned down a move to Premier League side Tottenham in favour of joining Italian side Genoa. The former Real Zaragoza striker was subject of bids from Genoa, Torino and Spurs on deadline day and in the end he opted for Genoa.

After losing Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United on deadline day Spurs were desperate to add to their striking options and Milito was seen as a perfect replacement for the Bulgarian. "I know I've made the right choice, this is my home and these are my people," said the 29-year old. "I was against a move to Tottenham. I beat my fist on the table in order to wear this shirt again."

I personally was looking forward to seeing Milito move to England but for Milito's own personal reasons it didn't happen. This is obviously bad news for Spurs fans, considering they couldn't tempt the player to pick Spurs over an average Serie A side (with all respect to Genoa) .Ah well, there is always January to try and re-ignite a move for Andrei Arshavin.

 

0 comments: