Sheva goes back to Milan


Andriy Shevchenko will finally end his Chelsea nightmare by returning to AC Milan.The Ukrainian striker thought his move back to Italy had fallen through during the week when the two clubs failed to agree a fee.But a breakthrough has been reached and the Blues will offload the player they paid £30million for two years ago subject to a medical.Shevchenko, 31, said: “For me it’s like winning the Champions League.“There were complications but now everything is resolved I’m really happy.”Details of the transfer have not yet been revealed but the switch could pave the way for Chelsea to step up their bid for Real Madrid hitman Robinho.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: “Andriy has returned home and I am happy about it. I am a Milan fan and I am very happy.“I’ve spoken to Andriy 48 times in the past three hours - the terms of the agreement are very private.“Between today and tomorrow Andriy will be at Milan and he will start again his life as a Milan player.“Andriy made a mistake in leaving and I believe that in the past two years he has realised that this is his home.“Now he has made his financial sacrifices but at this point the only thing that matters is that he returns to us.”

You can read what Cathal had to say on the move HERE

 

0 comments: