Mr Nice Guy bows out of the Premier League

Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele has today bowed out of the Premier League after four years in England. He signed for the Londoners in 2004 from Real Madrid for a fee of £16.8 million and has since then become a firm fan favourite at Stamford Bridge. The French star has signed for Paris St German after a very successful spell at the Blues.



Always a player to have a smile on his face (even when tackling someone) he today admitted "I wanted this so much that Chelsea gave me the chance to finish my career in my own country". I am sure many rivals fans weren't avid fans of the 5ft 7in defensive midfielder, but he made thousands of fans during his time in the country.

Even though, he was at times a poor tackler, he never purposely went into a challenge trying to hurt anyone. Maybe he was just clumsy sometimes, but no one can say that Makelele wasn't a quality player. His distribution of the football was spectacular and I am sure Chelsea will miss the French midfielder next season.

 

0 comments: