Crouch finally leaves Liverpool, but how on earth did Liverpool make a profit out of him

Peter Crouch has today finally left Liverpool after three years at the club, mainly spent on the bench. Crouch joined the Reds back in 2005 for £7 million from Championship side Southampton and has since then only made just over 100 appearances, most as a sub.

It amazes me that Liverpool have managed to make a profit out of the 27-year, considering they never really gave him a real run in the team. Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has splashed out £11 million for the England international and in my view that's £5 million to much.

Crouch said: "It's fantastic to be back. I believe Harry gets the best out of me and think the best years of my career can be here.""This club is going places and they can match my ambitions.

"The chance of regular first team football was part of the appeal. I know I'll have to work hard to prove myself in training, but I believe my best years are in front of me.

Anyway, I wish Crouch the best of luck and funnily enough I feel he will do tremendously well at Fratton Park next season. What a partnership eh, 6ft 7in Crouch and 5ft 7in Defoe!

 

0 comments: