Arsenal to join United in race to sign £35 million striker

Arsenal are to join Manchester United in the race to sign Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero. The Argentine striker has been linked with a move to the Premier League for some time now with Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson always said to have a keen interest for the 20-year old, but it is now understood that Arsenal could also make a move for the player.



Aguero is likely to cost as much as £35 million for whoever wants to sign him and his agent has confirmed that an English side is interested in him. “I’ve had interest from a leading English team and they’ve asked me to approach Atletico with a bid,” Jose Segui is quoted as saying. “I can’t say more until I’ve spoken to the club about the offer. “All I can tell you is that it’s one of the best teams in Europe and it’s not Chelsea.”

These comments would appear to rule out one of the sides, but who to rule out is a tricky one. Aguero can play on either wing or as an out and out striker and is often compared to the likes of his fellow countryman, Lionel Messi. I have seen Aguero a few times myself and I must say he looks very promising although I would value at more like £25 million rather than the Atletico asking price of £35 million.

 

0 comments: