Only the FA Cup, but this result could have further implications on Gunners title challenge

Manchester United have tonight beaten Premier League rivals Arsenal 4-0 in tonight's fifth round FA Cup tie.

Goals from Rooney, Fletcher (2) and Nani sealed an emphatic win for the Champions as United hammered their rivals.

Arsenal currently lye five points clear of United in the league but in my view will struggle to hold onto that advantage if they perform anything like they did tonight.

It was very clear to see from Arsenal's team selection tonight that their priorities lye elsewhere but in my view this defeat may have further implications for the north London team in the run in.

Both Ferguson and Wenger left out their top scorers in Ronaldo and Adebayor, the latter coming on as a second half substitute. It was clear from the first whistle that United were up for it and Arsenal simply weren't.

Despite all their injuries Arsenal's side still contained a dozen or so first team regulars so at this present moment in time I wouldn't feel too comfortable if I were a Gunners fan. I feel next weeks Premier League results will tell a lot of whether or not that was just a one off for Arsenal or whether it really does affect them.

It will certainly go right down to the wire for this seasons Premier League title but if I myself had to pick someone now I would be tipping Sir Alex Ferguson's men just to edge out the Gunners.

 

0 comments: