£23 million Liverpool striker talking about exit after only eight months

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has today failed to rule out a move to Italian giants AC Milan.

Torres joined the Reds in the summer from Spanish side Atletico Madrid for a fee believed to be in the region of £20-23 million.

The Spanish striker has been an instant success at Anfield scoring over a dozen goals for Rafa Benitez' men and is rapidly becoming a Liverpool legend.

"Relations between Atletico and Milan have always been excellent, and the possibility has been discussed, but I never got a precise offer from Milan,” Torres told La Stampa.

“I am very grateful to Milan because, since I was a child, I dreamed of playing for such a big club. “But the interest of Milan has never pushed to the point of having to decide whether to go or not.

"At this moment, I would not go. I am happy in Liverpool and The Premier League and I hope to stay for a long time. Never say never, though.”

I am sure every Liverpool fan will be pretty worried by Torres' comments but I am sure he's not going anywhere for the near future. Torres is only 23 and I am sure he will have many great seasons at Liverpool but I do forsee him moving on in maybe four or five years from now.

 

0 comments: