Chelsea close in on £20 million striker

Chelsea manager Avram Grant yesterday admitted that he would be interested in signing Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka and the player has today been quoted as saying "he'd love to move to Stamford Bridge.

Anelka has been linked with several moves away from the Reebok ever since... well arriving at the club and Chelsea has been a name that has popped up time and time again.

Man United and Man City were both also said to be very interested in the player but it now appears as though Chelsea are leading the race. Anelka said : "The chairmen discuss, I hope that it will be carried out," Anelka told L'Equipe Magazine in an interview to be published this weekend.

"I especially hope that I qualify for the Champions League."But as long as the contract is not signed and that I have not been introduced to the press with my new shirt, nothing is fact."

Anelka is likely to cost Chelsea as much as £19 million for the former Arsenal striker. I would love to see how Anelka would do in a side like Chelsea. He has been terrific for Bolton but it would be interesting to see how he would do at a bigger club.

 

0 comments: