Cech interested in move to Keegan's Newcastle

Porto left-back Marek Cech has admitted today that he would be interested in a move to Newcastle after it was reported that the Magpies were interested in him.

Cech was linked with a move to St James' Park in the summer whilst Sam Allardyce was in charge but nothing ever materialised.

Cech, 25, is a Slovakian international with over 20 caps for his country."I would leave Porto only if I received a really good offer," he told Pravda.

"I am finding a way to make a step up in my career. I don't think Newcastle are higher than Porto in the football hierarchy as Porto have been winning trophies, play in the Champions League every year and even won it before I entered the club.

"However, I would welcome to taste the Premier League, which definitely is of a higher quality than the Portuguese one. Perhaps I would like to move to Newcastle."

 

0 comments: