United star signs new deal !!!

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has today signed an extension to his current United deal that will keep him at the club until 2012. The centre-back has impressed immensely since joining United back in 2006 from Spartak Moscow for £7 million, which now looks like an absolute bargain.

He has struck up a terrific partnership with Rio Ferdinand in the United defence. "Nemanja has made a terrific impact at the club," Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson told the club's website."He has forged a partnership with Rio Ferdinand that was a major part in us winning the title last year.

"Playing in this team is a great privilege," stated Vidic. "This is such a great club, I am delighted to be able to extend my stay here."The fans and everyone at the club have been very special to me. I hope I can do my bit to bring the club even more trophies in the years ahead."

This is terrific news for United because Vidic in my mind is quickly proving himself as one of the Premier League best defenders. Vidic had what has to be said an unconvincing start to his United career but he quickly forged his way into the first team and he hasn't looked back since. I think with Vidic and Ferdinand at the heart of the United defence they can go a long way in the Champions League this year and maybe even win it.

 

0 comments: