Arsenal star set for exit !!!

Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has today admitted that he is considering his options due to a lack of first team football at the Gunners. The player has made only seven starts this season, mainly filling in for injured players and he is growing deeply frustrated at the club. Diaby joined Arsenal from Auxerre in 2006 for a fee of £2 million.

"This time I have not been called up by France and I do not play that much for Arsenal," Diaby told football365.fr. "I need playing time. I thought that I would continue [to play] after I scored (against Derby County) but it did not happen. "I remain patient and do not give up because I know that my chance will come. "Arsenal's team is doing well so I have to show patience and it will be unlocked then.

I do not regret my choices. Those things happen. "The situation is like this today but it can change tomorrow. The players that are on the pitch are not automatically better than those who are on the bench, but they do their job very well. "The season is long so I do not plan a move yet. Maybe later if it continues, but not in January."

Although I understand why Diaby isn't getting played I think he is a good player and would be a good first team player for a lot of other Premier League clubs. I think Diaby will leave in the summer and I don't blame him but I for one hope that he stays in the Premier League because I think he could make a name for himself in England.

 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    So in other words he is not 'set for exit', he would just like to play more first team football..

    What a waste of pixels.

    on 5:42 p.m.  


  2. Anonymous said,

    Well said Timus.

    Diaby is "deeply frustrated" apparently but then goes on to say "I remain patient and do not give up because I know that my chance will come. Arsenal's team is doing well so I have to show patience and it will be unlocked then. I do not regret my choices. Those things happen. The situation is like this today but it can change tomorrow."

    Complete bullshit just aimed at sensational headlines.

    on 6:29 p.m.  


  3. AndedaMan said,

    i have a feeling when gilberto is gone arsene will convince him to stay as he did with flamini

    on 6:40 p.m.  


  4. Anonymous said,

    Diaby needs to improve on his passing, ball winning strategies, be less selfish and play it simple.
    He gives away too many balls due to his lack of vision. He needs to improve on all these before he can really claim first team choice; even Denilson is above him on these acounts.

    on 7:14 p.m.  


  5. Anonymous said,

    I really hate it when people use distorted headlines. At no point has Diaby even hinted he will leave Arsenal. Poor blogging - I'll never be visiting this site again.

    on 8:23 p.m.  


  6. Anonymous said,

    he should go, we dont need him because what he could do diarra and denilson can do it twice as better but if he really wants to prove himself then let him stay and show us what he can do consistently instead of glimpses!!!

    on 9:29 p.m.  


  7. Anonymous said,

    Gay.

    on 12:05 a.m.