Hammers linked with former Chelsea star !!!

West Ham are apparently lining up a January move for Juventus midfielder Tiago. The player who used to play for Chelsea has this season, failed to produce any kind of form for the Italian giants and it is reported in the Mirror that Hammers boss Alan Curbishley is very keen and is supposedly lining up a £8 million bid for the 26 year old.

During his time at Chelsea, he really impressed me and I think it would be a great move for West Ham to sign the Portuguese midfielder. I think he is the kind of player West Ham are looking for because he is a centre midfielder and also has an eye for goal and I think the £8 million fee would be fair.

Tiago was sold by Chelsea in 2005 after the arrival of Michael Essien at the Bridge and joined French side Lyon for a 10 million euro fee. Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho would go on to say that selling Tiago was a mistake and I agree with him. He then joined Juventus for 13 million euro and I think if the Hammers were to sign him now it would be a real coup.

 

0 comments: