Vieira on the move?

After his sides demotion from the Seire A, Patrick Vieira looks set to move, but to who? Former Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp, who was speaking after his testimonial which Patrick Vieira took part in, has urged current Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to sign the former Gunners skipper. Bergkamp said : "I think about 56 people said to me today that Patrick should have another year here and I hope he will," Bergkamp said in the Daily Mirror. "Maybe that's not the right thing to say in football, but everyone saw what he did in the World Cup and if he can get to that level with Arsenal, it would be fantastic. "I have a great relationship with Patrick. We had a good connection even after he left the club to join Juventus and I have a lot of respect for him, as I do for Thierry (Henry)."

But Arsenal wouldn't be the only team after the 30 year old Frenchman, Italian side Inter Milan have also expressed an interest in the player with current Inter boss Roberto Mancinni saying that he expects to have Vieira in his side next year. Mancini will bring in the 30-year-old to replace Juan Sebastian Veron and has outlined the role he has lined up for the midfield powerhouse. "It's true that they (Veron and Vieira) are not so similar players, but they are both central midfielders," commented Mancini.

"Should Vieira really arrive, something will change in comparison to last season. "I could say we would be a little less technical and a little more thoughtful. "Anyway, in the middle we could also line up Pizarro as a playmaker, with Vieira and Cambiasso on the wings."

I think that Dennis Bergkamp is right that Arsenal should go after Vieira because he would be cheaper than usual and in my view Arsenal missed him last year. I think that he would favour a move back to Arsenal but I have heard a few rumours linking him with Spanish giants Barcelona but I'm not sure that Barcelona need him at this time.

 

1 comments:

  1. MaxTrend said,

    How many time did Wenger buy back his sold players? if i am not mistaken, so far none!

    However, I personally missed him a lot too.

    on 12:22 a.m.