Birmingham hand over Pennant

Liverpool have completed the signing of Birmingham winger Jermaine Pennant for a fee believed to be in the region of £6 million. The 23-year-old has signed a has signed a four year deal with the Merseyside club. Pennant becomes Liverpool boss, Rafa Benitez fifth signing of the summer after the arrival of Craig Bellamy, Gabriel Paletta, Mark Gonzalez and Fabio Aurelio. After completing his move, Pennant spoke of how happy he was that the deal had gone through.

"I'm over the moon," he told his new club's official website. "I've dreamt about this since I was a little boy so to actually be here and to be able to wear a Liverpool shirt and play at Anfield is a dream come true. "My family have always supported Liverpool and I grew up watching videos of them on the television. My grandad and grandma came here in the seventies and I think Liverpool must have caught their eyes. "The love of the club has spread through the family ever since. I actually got my first Liverpool kit when I was about four years of age. John Barnes was my idol when I first started watching Liverpool, but then as I got older I loved Robbie Fowler.

I have to say that I'm not too surprised that Pennant has left Birmingham because of their relagation last season, I believe that Pennant is great value for money and I think that he will become a big hit with the Kop. This will obviously make Pennant's chances of making the England team far greater because he will be playing at a top club with Champions League status.

 

0 comments: