World Cup Preview

So we have reached the eve of the biggest sporting event in the world and I reckon that it is going to be brilliant. 32 countries fighting it out for the biggest prize in football, the World Cup. In the post I won't go into great detail of all of the teams taking part, just the ones with realistic chances. Here are the few that I think have great chances:

Germany: The host of the competition, Germany have obviously got to be taken seriously. They have some class players like Klose, Ballack, Podolski, etc. Germany are priced at around 9/1 with most bookies but I think that they should be around about 12/1. My prediction is that Germany will get knocked out in the Quater Finals.

England: I think that this is England's best chance of winning the cup in years because they have such top class players like Lampard and Gerrard and with the news about Wayne Rooney then their chances have certainly rised. England are priced at about 13/2 which I think is a fair estimate of their chances.

Brazil: The holders of the cup, Brazil are definetly going to be the team to beat in Germany this summer. With world class players like Ronaldinho, Adriano and Ronaldo the holders are definetly the most skillful team in the cup. The bookies have placed them at around about 5/2 but although they are a brilliant team I think that that price is to skinny.

Argentina: To be honest I think that Argentina are the team that have what it takes to win the World Cup this year. Messi, Riquelme and Crespo, in my opinion have what it takes to take Argentina to the final and then win it. The are priced at 8/1 which I think is quiet generous.

If you think that any teams that I haven't mentioned have a good chance of winning the world cup then just leave a comment and if you have any view on my opinions then don't be afraid to comment!

 

0 comments: