McCarthy gets the sack!

Finally Mick McCarthy has got the sack from Sunderland but not to the happieness of Liam Lawrence who said he was disappointed at the sacking. Sunderland have been woffil this season and it was only time before McCarthy got the sack. Sunderland were defeated against Man City on Sunday and now Sunderland have said enough is enough and have sacked him after a dismal season. McCarthy told Sky Sports News that he will move on to another job in the future.


"Why wouldn't I [have a smile on my face]?" he enquired. "I've enjoyed every bit of it, fantastic. "It's been tough the last few months but I've enjoyed every single minute of it. It's been a pleasure and I've been very fortunate. "That's nice [the fans expressing their disappointment at the decision]. I'm sure I've got support but I'm sure I've got people who think otherwise. "As always, I've done my best and I can't do any more. I'll move on and eventually do something else."

McCarthy certainly put a brave face on the board's decision to bring an abrupt end to his reign, after saying after the City of Manchester Stadium game that he wanted to take the team back up next season. "It's happened," he continued to Sky Sports News. "That's all I'm going to say. "It's been brilliant and I've thoroughly enjoyed it and enjoyed the support of the fans. It was great last year with the championship but it's changed this [year]."I'm not going to dash away all aggressive and horrible, I'll leave you with a smile."

Not very surprising news for all football fans and now the gossip will be who will be the next Sunderland manager. I think someone like George Graham might be a decent replacement. If you have any idea on who will be the next manager please leave a comment and if you think that the Sunderland board were right to sack McCarthy.

 

0 comments: