Le Guen named new Gers boss

Former Lyon manager Paul Le Guen has been named new Rangers manager from next season on. It has been widely predicted that Le Guen would take the Ibrox hot seat after it was confirmed that current manager Alex McCleish would step down at the end of the season. The Frenchman has signed a three year deal with the Scotish giants. Rangers chairman David Murray was delighted to announce the appointment of Le Guen and paid tribute to McLeish for the work he had done at the club.


"I am pleased Paul has agreed to join Rangers," Murray told the club's official website. "His track record speaks for itself and hopefully, he will bring future success to the club. "I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alex McLeish for his achievements, having secured seven trophies in four-and-a-half years."

Le Guen, who has been out of work since leaving Lyon last summer, is looking forward to the challenge of working at Ibrox. "I am looking forward to the challenge at Rangers," said Le Guen. "I received a number of interesting offers from major clubs around Europe in the last year, but this move to Scotland was the right one for me and my family. "Rangers has a proud history and tradition and I hope to bring further success to the club for the supporters."

This is great news for all Rangers fans because Le Guen has been highly recommended to Rangers by many top managers including Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger. I do fell sorry for McCleish because over the years he has done a whole lot for the club but I'm sure Le Guen will do a top job at Ibrox and good luck to him!

 

0 comments: