Pompey sign Spurs Trio

Portsmouth have splashed out the cash today for three Spurs players at a combined fee of £7 million. The three players are former Fulham man Sean Davis, former Porto midfielder Pedro Mendes and finaly a player that has already played with the South Coast out fit on loan, Noe Pamarot. All players are 26 years old. This has brought Pompey's January spending spree up to around £12 million. "I'm delighted to get three quality players I really needed and wanted," said Redknapp.



The club have already signed Zimbabwe international striker Benjani Mwaruwari for a club record fee of £4.1m and Poland forward Emmanuel Olisadebe. Redknapp added: "The side desperately needed improving and I always knew I had to put a team together that will get us out of trouble and back on track. "I'm sure other clubs were interested in the players we've signed. I've never signed three from one club before all at once but these are top Premiership players and will be a massive asset to us."

These three players, I believe will do well at Pompey. This is a good bit of business by Redknapp. With all players only 26 years of age they should have most of their carrers ahead of them. I think the best signing out of the trio is Sean Davis, even though he hasn't played much this season, I still think he has alot of talent and will help Pompey.

What do you think of these three signings? Do you have any other rumours about clubs trying to buy players? Then why not leave a comment.

 

0 comments: