Addicks are Bent

Charlton have completely the signing of former Ipswich striker Marcus Bent for a initial fee of £2million and the deal could rise to as far as £2.5million. The 27-year-old striker put pen-to-paper on a three-and-a-half year deal at The Valley. Bent said: "Charlton are a team I've always looked at with high regard. I can't wait to get started and am really looking forward to it. "They always produce strong teams down here and it's nice to get a chance to play for Alan Curbishley."


Curbishley is a long-term admirer of Bent and moved for him after agreeing to sell Jason Euell to Birmingham. "There were rumours in the summer and I think it's been ongoing," Bent told the Charlton website. "Coming up to the transfer window I know Everton have been looking to bring another striker in. That didn't mean I had to go but I felt it was better for me as I wasn't playing. "I was happy at the club but not playing means that I'm not happy in football terms." Bent made 42 appearances for the Toffees last season and his seven goals helped the Goodison Park club to Champions League qualification.

Although I think Bent is a decent player I certainly don't think he is worth the money that Charlton are paying for him. I know I am usually nice to clubs buying new players but I'm afraid this time I am going to have to critisce Alan Curbishley, although I think he is a great manager and a great man.

 

0 comments: