Joaquin would love reds move

Real Betis winger Joaquin has reavealed today that he would love a move to Betis opponents Liverpool on Tuesday in the Champions League group stage. The Spanish outfit will welcome Liverpool to Seville on Tuesday with Spain international winger Joaquin eyeing a switch to Anfield. Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been looking to bring in a right sided player all summer and Joaquin would fit the bill but the transfer window has closed and they can't sign anyone until the transfer window opens in January.


"I know Liverpool are looking for a right winger and I'd love to play there if they want me," said Joaquin. "Liverpool are a massive club and Benitez knows what he wants. "But if he comes in for me he's got to agree a deal with the Betis president." Chelsea and Real Madrid were heavily linked with the 23 year old this summer but no deal happened.

Despite his desire to move to Merseyside, Joaquin is still vowing to send the holders home empty handed on Tuesday, although he is struggling to make the game through injury. "I'm going to complicate [John Arne] Riise's life on Tuesday. "We will give Liverpool and Chelsea big headaches in Group G - I'm sure we'll beat them. "English fans probably haven't seen much of me. But they'll see things that will make their jaws drop. "What I'll enjoy most is running Liverpool ragged and sending them home beaten."

Joaquin is a quality player and I for one would love to see him playing in the Premiership. The Spanish international's club would be looking for a good bit of money if they were going to sell. If Liverpool were to sign Joaquin I think we may just see the end to Luis Garcia's stay at Liverpool.

 

0 comments: