Sevilla complete Kanoute capture

Spanish side Sevilla have today completed the signing of Mali striker Fredi Kanoute from Tottenham for a fee of £4.4million. The 27-year-old has signed a four-year contract after passing a medical with the La Liga club, who recently sold striker Julio Baptista to Real Madrid. "With a couple of days training I'll be ready to play and I hope to adapt as quickly as possible," said Kanoute as he was unveiled to the Spanish media.

Kanoute will be competing with two South American's in the shape of Javier Saviola and Luis Fabiano for a place in the Sevilla starting eleven. Kanoute added: "I decided to come here because I knew that both the club's president and sports director wanted me and that was very important for me. "I like the Spanish league and I think this is a good opportunity."


Kanoute in action for his now ex-club Spurs


I beleive Kanoute made the right decision in leaving Tottenham because if he wasn't getting a regular place in the team why should he stay but I'm not sure he made the right decision in joining Sevilla. I for one would have liked if he had of stayed in the Premiership maybe with Newcastle because they were reportably linked with him. I personally beleive he will turn out to be a big hit in La Liga and maybe do a Diego Forlan. I wish him all the best in Spain.

 

0 comments: