Magpies in for Owen says Shearer

Alan Shearer has admitted today that Newcastle want to sign Michael Owen but believes there is strong competition to sign the Real Madrid striker. "Any team looking to score goals need not look further than Michael Owen," Shearer told Radio Five Live. "I know our manager Graeme Souness would love him here and he'd be a great asset - but he will have a few options. "I think there will be quite a few clubs after his signature despite one or two denying they are after him."Newcastles chances of signing him aren't as great as Man Utd because they have not qualified for any european competition this season.



I think that Michael Owen should seriously consider moving back to the Premiership because he has failed to be featured in the first team regularly for Real Madrid since he left Liverpool last summer. I personally think that the best move for Owen would be to Manchester United because he would be playing in european competition and if he moved to Newcastle he wouldn't. I think he will be playing in the Premiership this season but for how much he leaves Real for I do not now.

 

0 comments: