Tevez puts himself firmly in the shop window

"Fergie, sign him up."

That was the cry from the Manchester United faithful this afternoon after Carlos Tevez turned in a magnificent display to help Sir Alex Ferguson's men return to the top of the Premier League table.

The Argentine international showed why the United fans love him so much just before the half-time whistle was blown. Tevez' all but put the game to bed even before the half-way stage when his 20-yard strike cannoned off the inside of the post and fortunately (if you are a United fan) into the back of the net.

Following the goal, Tevez sprinted towards the United dug-out and cuffed both ears, as if to say "Where's my offer?".

Before a ball was even kicked at Old Trafford this afternoon, Tevez had this to say in many of Sunday's papers : "To be honest, I don't think I will be a Manchester United player next season. It makes me sad because I don't feel I deserve to be in the position that United have not made me an offer. My time is over and I have to concentrate on my future, my family's future and so I think at the end of this season I will move to another club."

As a football fan, I'm glad to hear Tevez wants to leave United because, as we have seen today, he is too good to be sitting on the bench every weekend. There has been talk in recent days that Tevez will end up at either Anfield or Eastlands, however I'm not convinced that will be the case. No matter where he does end up though, I'm sure he will prove to be a massive success and I for one, hope he stays in England.

How good was Tevez today? Where do you think Tevez will be next season? Comments below please.

 

0 comments: