Liverpool player tries to defend himself after receiving two week ban from the club

Liverpool goalkepper Charles Itandje has today attempted to defend himself after he was banned for two weeks by the Merseyside club.

The former French under-21 international was seen acting inappropriately during the club's memorial service for the victims of the Hillsborough disaster earlier this week and has now been banned, however Itandje feels the situation has been blown out of all proportion.

The 26-year old had this to say about the situation : "It is a 30-second video montage that was given senseless proportions. My behaviour should be judged over a one-hour video ... You know the papers here (in Britain), they do a lot with not much. I even heard I was dancing! ... What happened will not do much to change my situation at the club since I am already on the transfer list."

Why Itandje has come out and said what he has is just beyond me. There is nothing he can say to condone his actions. They were just plain stupid. He should have just kept his mouth shut, maybe release a public apology, and get on with his career. I am keen to hear what you Liverpool fans have to say about Itandje. Comments below please.

 

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    ok guys let form up our next meet and arrange to get him ********

    on 5:54 p.m.