Manchester City to complete first major signing of the window within the next 24 hours

Manchester City are to complete the signing of Chelsea defender Wayne Bridge within the next 24 hours. The England left-back has struggled to feature in Luis Filipe Scolari's plans at Stamford Bridge since the Portuguese manager's arrival at the club last summer.

Bridge, 28, has been linked with a move to the City of Manchester Stadium all season long and it finally appears as though City and Chelsea have reached an agreement. It is understood the deal will cost City anywhere between £12 million and £15 million, a fee which in my view is way too much for a player that has made about ten appearances in four years.

City boss Mark Hughes insisted just this morning that the world's richest club (Manchester City) would not be held to ransom in the transfer market but judging by this move, I think he may have been lying. As a City fan myself, to say I'm annoyed is an understatement. Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but £15 million for Wayne Bridge .... come on. I hope this is not a sign of things to come in January for City.

 

0 comments: