Spurs look to bring one of Europe's best strikers to the lane

Tottenham are ready to make a January move for Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski after the player admitted he wanted to leave Bayern. The German international was strongly linked with a summer exit from the Bundesliga giants but for whatever reason he remains a Bayern player, however it looks unlikely that will be the case come February 1st.

Podolski, 23, told Bild Newspaper : "I have made my mind up that I would like to leave the club in the winter .... I have already told the management that I want to leave this winter." Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to add to his attacking options come the new year and Podolski is seen as a possible acquisition.

The former FC Koln man has made over 60 appearances for Bayern since signing in 2006 and has managed 30 goals in that time. I personally have always wanted to see Podolski play in the Premier League and hopefully that will happen in January. He is without doubt, one of Europe's best strikers and Spurs would be signing a real talent if they managed to bring him to White Hart Lane.

 

0 comments: