Liverpool to offload £7 million summer signing

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena may be ready to leave the Premier League giants after only joining the club four months ago. The Italian international has failed to impress since his £7 million move from Serie A side Udinese last July and a January move may be on the cards.

Both Juventus and Roma are understood to be keen on offering Dossena the chance to return to his homeland once the January transfer window opens. The 27-year old was brought to Anfield by Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and a replacement for former Reds left-back John Arne Riise but unfortunately for both player and club it hasn't worked out.

Dossena, who has made just seven appearances for the Merseyside club, recently told The Guardian this : "I am not fully happy with my level. I must now get to a high level and maintain that, but first I have to battle to win selection. I am learning all the time.

Personally, I feel Benitez should get rid of him as soon as possible. I am sorry to sound harsh, but Dossena is simply average and if Liverpool are to mount a serious title challenge this season they need to sign a new left-sided defender (maybe Tottenham's Gareth Bale) come the new year. I think I speak on behalf of the majority of Liverpool fans when I say, Dossena won't be missed.

 

0 comments: