Scolari left in the dark over Robinho transfer


Phil Scolari is still waiting for the call to tell him Robinho is on his way to Chelsea.Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon is confident the Brazilian ace will move to Stamford Bridge from Real Madrid before the transfer window closes.But Madrid are keen to keep hold of their man and Scolari admits he is powerless to do anything about it.(the sun)

Big Phil said: "I don't know about Robinho because it is not my job to enter into talks about players."I said something to Peter a month ago and they tried to bring Robinho here but my job is on the pitch."If they can bring him here it will be down to board meetings and I have to think about Tottenham on Sunday, not about whether players have come or have not come."I don't know anything because I have not spoken to Peter for the last two days."

Scolari has only signed Deco since succeeding Avram Grant but the Blues boss has always had his sights set on Robinho.He added: "Robinho is a very good player and it is not only me that wants him, all the coaches in the world do too."But at the moment what is happening on the pitch is the only important thing for me."For my players to play well against Tottenham is what matters."

Another very boring transfer saga that seems to have dragged on and on. I think it is inevitable Robinho will sign for Chelsea in a matter of days.

 

0 comments: