Pavlyuchenko set for Spurs


Roman Pavlyuchenko has claimed that he is set to complete a move to Tottenham Hotspur.The 26-year-old Russia international striker has been linked with a move to Spurs all summer.Now it appears that the North London outfit have sealed a deal with his club Spartak Moscow.

Speaking to Uefa's Russian website, Pavlyuchenko confirmed he had not travelled with the rest of the Spartak squad for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Dynamo Kiev as he was finalising the details of his move to Spurs."I am back in Moscow and I will not play in Kiev, and I can confirm I am going to Tottenham," he told uefa.ru."Everything happened very fast and I haven't had time to say 'goodbye' to my Spartak team-mates but I hope I will be able to do that then they get back from Kiev."I am waiting for a Visa and as soon as it is granted, I am ready to go to England and sign."

Pavlyuchenko revealed he was yet to discuss the move with Spurs boss Juande Ramos."Juande Ramos, I have not yet met, it seems like he will call me - but I know for sure he is very interested in my services," he continued.Pavlyuchenko also played down any worries there were about him not speaking English."I will work with a teacher, but also my wife knows the language a little," he added.

I feel Pavlyuchenko could turn out to be a very good signing for Spurs, he is strong, quick and tall. He proved in Euro 2008 that he can scores goals and that may be the missing link in the Tottenham team, someone who can score goals.

 

0 comments: