Liverpool ready to make £14 million bid for England star

Liverpool are ready to make a £14 million bid for Middlesbrough midfielder Stewart Downing. The England international has been linked with a whole host of exits from the Riverside over the past 12 months or so with Tottenham also said to be interested. (News of the World)

The 24-year old could finally solve Rafa Benitez' left-sided problems, which have existed for some time now. Downing is one of Boro's most influential players and there is no doubt Gareth Southgate will be doing everything he can to keep him at the club.

I believe Downing would be a superb signing for Liverpool. He has been by far Boro's best player for the past two years or so and I think in a better side he will prove to be a huge hit. I know several Liverpool fans and I get the feeling they wouldn't like Downing arriving at Anfield but I feel given the time he will be a huge asset for the club.

 

0 comments: