Spurs and Arsenal do battle for £12 million England midfielder

Arsenal and Tottenham are to do battle for Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson come the opening of the summer transfer window. (News of the World)

Johnson, 20, has progressed through the ranks at City over the past few years but talk of a player mutiny at the club has led to speculation that he amongst many other City players will leave in the summer.

The England under-21 international is widely regarded as one of England hottest prospects and it comes as no surprise to me to see sides like Spurs and Arsenal interested. Johnson is currently valued around the £12 million mark.

As a City fan myself, I obviously hope he stays but I just feel he may want to leave the club before it gets too messy with eh whole Eriksson and Shinawatra thing. I feel he would be better off joining Spurs, due to the fact that he would receive more first team football.

 

0 comments: