Ronnie to City? You cannot be serious

There have been several reports today claiming that Barcelona attacking midfielder Ronaldinho could be on his way to Manchester, and not the Manchester club you might think.

Apparently, Ronaldinho's agent (and brother) Roberto De Assis held talks with Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra on Saturday with a view to a possible move for the former World Player of the Year.

Ronaldinho's form of late for Barca has dipped somewhat and he is currently out injured for the rest of the season. He was said to be close to joining City's rivals Man United back in 2005 before he joined Barcelona for a fee of around £21 million.

"It was the first time I had heard such a thing, so I really hope it is true," said City boss Sven Goran Eriksson."We would be able to find a place in our team for him, I can guarantee that.

"I will phone the owners. It was a surprise but if they want to package Ronaldinho for me I would accept him and be very happy."

I personally would be very surprised to see Ronaldinho join City. As a City fan myself I have to say I would be over the moon if we were to secure the 28-year old's signature but quite frankly I can't see it happening.

 

1 comments:

  1. Tom said,

    Hey! Let us to dream with Ronaldo ! :-)
    I think that we could qualify for the UEFA Champions League with him next season...

    http://euro2008-blog.blogspot.com/

    on 11:58 p.m.