Ronaldo will be ours claims Schuster


Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster has today claimed that Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo will at one stage be a Real Madrid player.

Ronaldo has long been linked with a move to the La Liga giants although he insists he is very happy in Manchester.

The 23-year old is undoubtedly the best player in the world at the moment after what can only be described as a magical last 12 months with the Reds.

Schuster also admitted today that Ronaldo has overtaken Kaka as the best player in the world but he doesn't believe Ronaldo will join Real in the near future.

"The best thing in this sort of situation is to be realistic," Schuster told AS. "Cristiano Ronaldo right now is a 10 out of 10, the best in the world, but I don't see Manchester United as being in the business of selling.

"In the short term I can not see it being feasible, but I say that, in a couple of years, I think he may wear the white shirt at the Bernabeu.

"He is the star at Old Trafford and, until he wins a Champions League and some more Premier League titles, they are not going to allow him to escape.

"For me, Cristiano Ronaldo has already overtaken Kaka after the Brazilian's slump in Milan this season. "Some day, he will be with us."

Schuster's comments would worry me if I were a United fan myself. It would be a real shame to see Ronaldo leave the Premier League after only a few years here. He has developed into an exceptional talent during his time at the Reds and I am sure he will have many more great seasons at United.

 

1 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about Shuster's comments: he won't be at Real much longer and United will only sell The Best Player in the World when he is no longer The Best Player in the World. At that point Real can have him. In the meantime let's see if it is true that possessing The Best Player in the World guarantees you the big trophies. United are looking mighty powerful just now...

    on 12:03 p.m.