Liverpool finally complete Mascherano deal... is £18 million too much for him?

Javier mascherano has today signed a four-and-a-half year deal with Liverpool after months of uncertainty over his future.

The Argentinian international has been at Liverpool for over a year now and has quickly established himself as a fan favourite as well as a starting place in Rafa Benitez' side.

"I am very, very happy and now I can concentrate just on playing football," Mascherano told Liverpoolfc.tv.
"I said all along that I wanted to stay at Liverpool and now that I have signed I can say this is the best and the biggest moment in my career so far.

"From the first day I arrived at Liverpool the feeling was good and I knew this was where I wanted to play my football. The 23-year old has been linked with a possible move to Barcelona during the past few weeks but this news most definitely ends those rumours.

Although the figure hasn't been released it is thought that Liverpool spent around about the £18 million mark for the former West Ham midfielder. That is, in my view, slightly too much for Mascherano. I agree he is a good player but £18 million sounds a bit much to me.

 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    well worth it if carrick,hargreaves & anderson are worth there fees masch is great player 100% commitment...
    would like to have seen that money spent on a world class striker to partner torres but thats what it costs now for top players...

    on 7:09 p.m.  


  2. Anonymous said,

    ye is suppose if ur paying 18 mil for the likes of carrick and hargreaves in this market well then hes well worth it, twice as good as both of the above players...Johnathan a united fan

    on 7:15 p.m.  


  3. Anonymous said,

    if 10mil for Dirk Kuyt is not too much,17mill is not a cost at all,innit?

    on 8:56 p.m.