Chelsea and Spurs do battle for £45 million La Liga

According to Valencia midfielder David Albelda, both Chelsea and Tottenham are interested in him.


Albelda was told recently by the La Liga outfit that he could leave, once his buy-out clause of £45 million had been reached, however such a sum is unlikely to be paid by either interested party.

"I am grateful to Tottenham and Chelsea for their interest, but I cannot negotiate until I have sorted out my departure from Valencia," Albelda told AS. "I am very attracted to playing in England and especially in London."

I have been surprised at the stuff coming out of Valencia recently, what with Albelda and Santiago Canizares been told they could leave by Che boss Ronald Koeman. Albelda, in my view, is a quality player and would be a welcome addition to either side, but there is no way they will spend such a high some on a 31-year old.

 

0 comments: