Celtic close in on Liverpool defender !

Celtic are targeting Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia according to reports in The Mail on Sunday.


Hyypia has made a lot more appearances than I'd say he expected at the start of the season with Dan Agger suffering from a long term injury.

However with the Danish defender due to return at the start of next month and also with the introduction of £6.5 million defender Martin Skrtel, I would be very surprised if big Sami was to make many more Reds appearances.

I have to admit when first standing in for Agger earlier in the season I was very unconvinced with Hyypia's performances, but in recent weeks the 34 year old has really impressed me.

I think we should hold onto the Fin until the end of the season at least and then let him look at his options. He has served Liverpool so well in his 9 years and 427 appearances for the Reds.

 

0 comments: