Big boost for Reds as Liverpool duo vow future to club !

John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch have said they are fully committed to Liverpool according to reports on Sky Sports.


Aston Villa were thought to be in the hunt for signing both players as well as Newcastle, City and Portsmouth all lining up supposed £9 million bids for Crouch.

To be honest it wouldn't bother me too much if Riise left for a reasonable price but I'm delighted that Big Pete is staying.

The Norwegian international said in a recent interview, "When we get to the transfer window all the rumours start going around. It is mainly because people know I have 18 months left on my contract.
"The fans know that I am very happy here. Hopefully the club will give me a new contract so that I can stay in Liverpool for many years. I am in the mood to play my best football and enjoy playing. I will do my best in the second part of the season."

Crouch said in a recent statement, "At a club like Liverpool you're not going to play every game. I've come to realise that this is the case at a club like this, whereas at somewhere else maybe you would play every game."
"But hopefully if I get a good run of games towards the end of the season then those rumours will go away."


 

0 comments: